Cloud Computing with Virtualization, Green IT, Virtual Machines and Servers
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter—bringing cloud computing to businesses of all sizes. Customers rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green.
For more information, visit www.vmware.com/go/energysavings
3401 Hillview Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA
With 2008 revenues of $1.9 billion, more than 150,000 customers and more than 22,000 partners, VMware is one of the fastest growing public software companies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, VMware is majority-owned by EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC).
Products & Solutions
VMware offers a wide range of award-winning virtualization products, from free software for virtualizing desktops and servers to comprehensive enterprise-class platforms for optimizing datacenters and IT infrastructure.
VMware’s broad and proven suite of virtualization solutions addresses a range of complex challenges facing IT organizations, including:
- Server Consolidation & Infrastructure Optimization: VMware technology – including the industry’s only complete virtual infrastructure -- helps organizations consolidate servers and increase utilization rates, greatly reduce power and cooling costs, and manage and automate IT processes for maximum availability, performance and scalability.
- Business Continuity: With exclusive features such as automated load balancing and live migration of virtual machines, VMware technology enables organizations to increase uptime and reduce the cost and complexity of meeting high availability and disaster recovery objectives.
- Virtual Lab Automation: Developers and other IT professionals use VMware solutions to streamline the software development and testing process, reduce server provisioning time, and improve software quality.
- Enterprise Desktop Management: Enabling enterprises to better manage and control their desktop systems, VMware helps customers speed deployments, administer systems from a central location, and provide end-users with a satisfying physical-PC experience.
Global Partner Ecosystem. To meet customer needs for added value and product interoperability, VMware maintains partnerships with the world’s leading technology companies. This includes technical alliances with 1,500 hardware, software, network, storage and consulting companies; a reseller network of over 22,000 accredited resellers, distributors and systems integrators; and dozens of virtual appliance makers offering software-OS combinations in pre-configured packages.
Services and Support. To protect and leverage customer investments in VMware technology, VMware provides a range of Professional Services and Customer Support through VMware teams as well as through hundreds of authorized partner organizations in 40+ countries. This includes proactive, top-quality Support offerings, Consulting services to accelerate virtualization implementations, and extensive Education services for building in-house expertise.
Superior Technology & Value
VMware offers customers a superior choice for virtualization solutions through:
- Mature, production-proven products of unparalleled performance, robustness and reliability.
- The industry’s only complete virtualization infrastructure, enabling virtualized assets to be aggregated and deployed as a shared utility for dynamic, automated, always-on computing.
- Platform neutrality and open standards for greater interoperability and the flexibility to create shared resource pools independent of specific OS and hardware platforms.
- Maximum value through rapid ROI, lower ownership costs, and a scale-as-you-grow adoption cycle of escalating value.